Andy bought Shooter summer of 2006 in College Station. We went to the Puppy Store at the mall and he fell in love a calm black lab. Obviously Shooter knew how to work the system from the beginning because he was anything but calm once he got home! Although both Andy and I have shared many memories with Shooter here are a couple of my favorites....
When Shooter was just a small pup I was put in charge of caring for him while Andy went golfing one morning. Not long after Andy left I locked both me and Shooter out of the house... hot summer day, no shoes, no water, no phone, no car keys, nothing - just me and the new puppy stuck on the porch for hours until Andy came back!
Like most labs, Shooter enjoys chewing on various things like my black heels during my lunch break, Zach's DVDs, the couch cushion, really anything! The best was when Andy and I were in the living room watching tv and Shooter coming in with a small piece of the completely shredded car-map of Texas. He brought it to Andy and just handed him a piece of it as if he was saying "Here you go, I know I will be in trouble eventually... let's just get it over with it!"
Recently it always makes me laugh when Andy tries to get him to do tricks and Shooter just flops around because he is so excited! He really is a smart dog but sometimes he just can not contain all of his excitement! Sit, shake, stay, lay, dead... who wouldn't get all excited to perform such wonderful tricks :)
Here is Shooter on Christmas Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment